Coagulation and Particle Gel Formation
Technical University Eindhoven, 24 June, 1997.
Promotoren: prof.dr. H.N. Stein
Copromotor: prof.dr.ir. A.A.H. Drinkenburg
- Chapter 1: General Introduction
- Chapter 2: Coagulation kinetics,
measuring instruments and electrophoretic properties of polystyrene particles.
- Chapter 3: Perikinetic coagulation
at micro-g conditions. (see full text)
- Chapter 4: Perikinetic coagulation
at 1g and high-g conditions. (see full text)
- Chapter 5: Comparison of four
phenomena involved in the perikinetic coagulation process.
- Chapter 6: Rheology of dilute
gels formed by coagulation of PS-spheres.
- Chapter 7: Visualization of the
breakdown of a dilute gel during steady shear.
- Appendix A: Hydrodynamic sedimentation
of heterogeneous dispersions.
- Appendix B: Interaction potentials.
- Appendix C: The Boussinesq approximation.
- List of symbols
- Curriculum Vitae